The News Tribune
NW Flower & Garden Show
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS, 18 YEARS OR OLDER, OF WASHINGTON. By submitting an entry to this Sweepstakes sponsored by The News Tribune and NW Floer & Garden Show, the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes begins on Friday, February 8 and ends on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at midnight. The random drawing will occur on or about Monday morning February 18, 2013. The News Tribune reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of this Sweepstakes and award the prize(s) from among entries received prior to the date of the withdrawal. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Employees, officers, directors and representatives of The News Tribune and their immediate family members and those living in their household, as well as each person or entity connected with the prizes, production or administration of the Sweepstakes, are not eligible.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter by completing the online entry form, which includes name, address, telephone number, email address and other information. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the email account from which the entry is made. One entry per day per person during the Sweepstakes period. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. The News Tribune is not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any sweepstakes promotional materials, errors in these Official Rules, for any human or electronic error. All entries become the property of The News Tribune. All entries must be received by Midnight on Sunday, February 17, 2013, to be eligible for the drawing. Please do not contact the NW Flower & Garden Show in connection with Sweepstakes.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected on or about Monday morning, February 18, 2013 by random drawing. Selected prize entrants will be required to respond (as directed) to the phone and/or e-mail notification within 72 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, The News Tribune may randomly select an alternate chosen entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries. Each selected entrant may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release ("Release"). Unless restricted by law, each selected entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. The prize may be forfeited and, in such case, an alternate selected entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible Entries if a selected entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to provide all necessary signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries received.
5. PRIZES: One Grand Prize Winner will receive two tickets to the Arboretum Society's Opening Night Party at the NW Flower & Garden Show along with TWO 2-day passes for the show. While attending this year's show, you'll stay three nights at the downtown Seattle Sheraton Hotel and enjoy a $200 dining certificate for El Gaucho. Two First place winners will each receive Two 2-day passes to the Northwest Flower & Garden Show along with a $200 dinning certificate to either Metropolitan Grill or Daniel's Broiler. Twenty additional winners will each receive either a pair of 2-day show passes or a pair of 1-day show passes. The News Tribune reserves the right to impose certain restrictions on use of Prizes. No substitute prize will be awarded, except at the sole discretion of The News Tribune and selected entrants are restricted to using the prize as specified. If prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of The News Tribune, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. Total Anticipated Retail Value of Grand Prize package is $858. Value of each first place prize package is $258. Two-Day admission tickets are valued at $29 each and One day admission tickets are valued at $20 each.
6. CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of The News Tribune which shall be final and binding; (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules and (iii) to receiving telephone calls from Sponsors for the express purpose of marketing Sponsors products, except where prohibited by law. Entrants also agree to, and Sponsors reserve the right, to use of the Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media, and to the use of the name, likeness, and hometown name and/or prize information of selected entrants as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of selected entrants, and entrants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the Anticipated Retail Value of any awarded prize. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor's representatives. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington with the exception of its choice of law rules. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Tacoma, Washington.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsors, together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents of each, including without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Sweepstakes, (collectively, the Releasees) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Further, the Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible Entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsors disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors' control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes.
8. OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these Official Rules, or a copy of the winners' list, send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The News Tribune, NW Flower & Garden Show Sweepstakes winners List, 1950 South State Street, Tacoma, WA 98405.
9. All Entry information collected in connection with these Sweepstakes shall be accessible by Sponsors. Such information may be used by Sponsors to contact each entrant directly with marketing, sale or other information. By participating in these Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby consents to such use.